The Director of Financial Services will be responsible for the management and development of all billing processes related to the professional billing component of the revenue cycle and operations that support Healthcare Associates in Medicine resulting in an effective and efficient approach to revenue generation. The ideal candidate will be directly responsible for the oversight and maintenance of daily receivables in accordance with the standards of the organization.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other appropriate discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Seven years of health care management experience in billing and financial operations.
• Must possess working knowledge of the Accounts Receivable/Revenue Cycle process.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. • Excellent written, communication and team building skills.
• Five plus years of supervisory experience, within a health care or physician practice environment
• Knowledgeable and comfortable using computer applications to include: practice management systems, electronic health records, and related software.
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft office applications, use of email and on-line systems.
• Experience and knowledge of patient demographics
• Strong knowledge of the varieties of health insurance
• Strong understanding of HIPAA/ OSHA and CLIA rules and regulations
• Strong knowledge of NY State Worker’s Compensation Rules and Regulations
• Coursework in medical terminology required
• Experienced in ICD and CPT coding and coding systems and use of RVU measurement systems
• Knowledge of Federal laws, rules, regulations and processes to include MACRA and ACA
• Knowledge of insurance contracting, alternative reimbursement systems and options